um i need help...

Spike_230

Solid State Member
okay so my whole household shares the computer, and im not completely ignorent to computers and whatnot but im not completely literate either. so heres the deal:

While browsing about the computer looking through files and folders and what not, being noisy, i take a look at the registry keys (using regedit from the start>run) and i type in some key words looking for stuff that shouldnt be there, and guess what, yeah i find stuff that shouldnt be there, or at least stuff that is found with the keywords i am looking for. So i want to get rid of it and make sure my comp stays "clean" as much as possible, so do i delete these registry keys that contain these certain keywords that do not seem to belong or do i do something else? a friend of mine told me it was okay to simply delete them, i even went on other friends comps (with their permission) and did similar searches finding nothing to come up with the same key words, so i think its safe to assume that they shouldnt be there. So whats your advise? people always tell me "dont touch the registry keys!" and even microsoft help and support caution heavily against it, so it would seem common sence to not touch it, but then again if it shouldnt be there then it has no buisness being there right? So what do you suggest doing?

Yes deleting them should be fine but i suggest you download Microsoft Ant-Spyware that will do the job for you!

why would microsoft be against touching reg keys sometimes to sort out msn you have to delete the registry but it creates a new one just certain things should be left alone because if you havent got a clue what your deleting then your going to fuck it up somewhere along the line.

thanks for the advice and help. Yeah i figured regardless of what i do, if im going to do something that is, that i should back it up, but i started that one night (completely backing up the system) and got like 13 gigs in and it still said it would have like 4 hours to go lol, so i cancled it and told myself to do it later...so im still waiting on myself to do it lol. as for this utility tool thing that you suggested, it works with XP right? i clicked on the link to take a brief look at it and it said something about linux i think? well thanks for the help

Hi ther Spike_230!

I get the idea you havent heard of registry mechanic 4.0

I dont even have to risk deleting keys or backing up manually. It does it ALL for me! Plus other cool benefits for you comp. Spyware could also be the problem as mentioned before. And Adaware is for free!! :d

The only downside is that you need to register Registry Mechanic to get all benefits and its against 'Computer Forums' policy to give out cracks! But still give it a try. Its changed my comp like you would not believe!

BUT you can still search for these sites ;)

The registry website is : https://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

Adaware is http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom