TratBHO Virus. Y wont it die???

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
I have no clue as to when i got this virus. avast started popping up last night and told me i had it. When i delete it, it just comes back as another name. I know that this virus is a Trojan popper. Can someone plz help me. I have looked this up on google and i have read many things on how to stop it. some i understood and tried. others i didnt know what they were talking about. This is what i have tried:
1. Run bitdefender
2. run CCleaner
3. reboot in safe mode
4. cut and paste file onto desktop
5. reboot in safe mode (windows domain controllers only)
6. open task manager and stop explorer.exe
7. go to new task and browse for the file
8. when found right click and go to delete

i have done all of this and it still keeps coming back. it is a .dll file in my system32 folder. If anyone can tell me how to kill this annoying virus then i would really appreciate it.

Hello.

Let's see what's going on:

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Back
Top Bottom