Start menu/ window bar gone

Willbe

Solid State Member
when i restarted just recently. like 10 min ago, i logged into XP, and my start menu and tile bar was there
then the trojanhunter poped up to clean some shit outta my computer
and after i get done with the first virus, the start menu and time bar and everything just vanish.. can't use the hotkey for the start menu or anything

YAY FOR MY COMPUTER

Can you go into more details please, I think your rushing your posts :p

Try slowing down!! :d

tehre is no more detail. i restart comp... it sboots up normally. i log into my xp user name. it starts to load all the programs like usual, then when trojan hunter has scanned, i gueess. it pops up a screen and asks me if i want to clean the virus out of my computer, or ignore it............. i press clean, it says finished.. i press close and by by start menu, and taskbar.. and they dont come back

can't use the hotkey on the keyboard to access the start menu

it just vanishes
when i minimize a window, it goes to the bottom left corner, and i can move that window all around like its free floating.

can you boot up to safe mode? if so after windows loads....start/run : type "msconfig" without the quotes, then go to the startup tab.

check to see if there is anything in there that should'nt be.....if you spot one that you never noticed loading before in startup....uncheck it's box & reboot.

Back
Top Bottom