C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\BulletProofSoft.com\BPS Spyware & Adware
C:\Program Files\BulletProofSoft.com\BPS Spyware & Adware Remover\HiJack.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

System Hijack Scanner Entries:
---------------

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main, Start Page=about:blank
O4 - Global Start Up: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
O4 - Global User Start Up: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

What does it mean? Is my computer f**ked? Help!!

Your comp should be ok, just remove all those entries.
Just to be safe, download Microsoft Anti-Spyware (providing you have XP), Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy (all are free!). That way you'll be sure and get rid of any entries.

If you don't have an anti-virus proggy, download one and scan your comp too....just to be safe. I recommend AVG Free (I uninstalled Norton 2005 for it).

Also, either enable Windows Firewall (if you're using XP). If you don't trust Windows Firewall, then download one of the many free ones. I recommend ZoneAlarm (although I use Windows Firewall).

1st of all if he removed all those mentioned above he would disable his anti-virus he's using now.

i do agree that he should go to the microsoft site and download the beta vers. of it's spyware prog. but if you want to cover all your bases....

then also get Adaware /search & destroy/ spyware blaster/ and CW-shredder.

you can get the links in the spyware stickey in the security/hacking section.

Personally I really didn't like Microsoft Anti-Spyware. I have Spybot Search&Destroy, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, and Peer Guardian. Peer Guardian blocks you from even connecting to the sites that have the spyware on them, with really complete block lists.

thrice said:
Personally I really didn't like Microsoft Anti-Spyware. I have Spybot Search&Destroy, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, and Peer Guardian. Peer Guardian blocks you from even connecting to the sites that have the spyware on them, with really complete block lists.

why don't you like Microsoft Anti-Spyware?

I didn't think it was effective enough. I'm not the only one that thinks that either. I was reading an article about the best anti-spyware products and Microsoft Anti-Virus and the new Pest Patrol from CA didn't fair so well. I still have Pest Patrol though I haven't got around to deleting it yet. I'll see if I can dig up that article.

Back
Top Bottom