Someone change my homepage, pls help

baros

Beta member
I am using Win XP with IE 6.0. One day when I browsed a website, another website automatically appear. First, I thought there was nothing strange. However, I later found that webpage automatically became my IE homepage. Then, in the "Internet Options ", I can no longer change my homepage. After that, I tried to open yahoo and use the function of setting yahoo as the homepage. But the IE stop me from using that. I don't know whether my IE is invaded ,and how can I deal with the problem. Hope some mature computer user can help me.

Hi baros, i'd recommend repairing IE 6, you can do this by going into control panel - add remove programs, then select to add/remove internet explorer, it should give you the option to repair it, follow the on screen instructions.

You might also want to try some free software called "adaware 6.0" to get rid of any spy programs the website might have installed. search for it on www.download.com

hope this helps.

Another nifty little detection script can be found here. When you load that page it will search for a lot (but not all) browser hijackers, and then give you cleaning instructions. Also try what computerfreak said - download adaware (and spybot S&D is good too). both are free.

Itsme

Back
Top Bottom