Software "Ripping"

M1ND.G4M3

In Runtime
My teacher has given me an challenge of sorts to see if i can rip a peice of software from a school computer, she wants to test and see if their computers are secure "So what better way than having young minds have a go at them?"

Im hoping there is a program out there that can.. reverse install it? i guess you could say pretty much take all the parts of the computer and make it where io can install it on another, where its just as though it was installed twice

any suggestions?

copy the softwares directory(if blocked from view goto registry and use cp command[If can't find registry try opening a text file then typing start command.com and saving as *filename*.bat<---most important part]) After the software is copied make sure to go through the registry and compy any files with that softwares name with it. I also believe once your finished copying from another computer you have to put a shortcut to the uninstall program in sys32(correct me if i'm wrong).

elmonomalo, what if command is blocked? what if batches are killed before execution? Yes such blocks exist. They foiled me one year, I wrote a C++ batch file in responce, taught them a lesson :D.

Batch files, to my knowledge, can never be blocked
Yes they can stop you from writing one, but they can never block one from running
By using command.com and saving it as a batch file is an excellent way of getting access to a whole system even if it is restricted
If they blocked notepad so that they believe that you can't create a batch file, just go into internet explorer and go view source in the view menu and you got yourself a notepad :D
Or if you want, you can choose any text editor, but make sure that you delete the batch file later to give the challenge to other people :D
Command prompt gives you virtually access to the whole system, you can search the directories, save files on it, format the computer or just wipe out certain folders
And remember, with command prompt, the force is in you ! :D
Haha ... that was lame sry :(

Hmmm... shouldn't our Conquistadors have stopped this by now? :D They must be useless afterall! :p

Haha, with Command Prompt, the Force is in you? :cool:

well yes the school admin can block command.com which would restrict access... but if the teacher wants him to copy these files for a class i doubt she wants him to illegally hack past the school's security... this is why i suggested the easiest method for copying with command prompt.

If she wants him to crack the computer in a sence... i cannot give details due to the rules on this forum.

not hard but what is the software title .. LMAO say you got MS Paint on your computer form college :D

Re: Software

elmonomalo said:
well yes the school admin can block command.com which would restrict access... but if the teacher wants him to copy these files for a class i doubt she wants him to illegally hack past the school's security... this is why i suggested the easiest method for copying with command prompt.

If she wants him to crack the computer in a sence... i cannot give details due to the rules on this forum.

How do they block command.com ? If you can, i would really like to know :D
Yes the easiest way to copy files is use XCOPY in command prompt and then select your destination folder or directory :D
Its a shame that he couldn't bypass teh security system :D It would've been fun hehe

She said no limits, any way I can think of Which means bypassing the security system I guess lol I dont know where I would start with that though, Im a novice when it comes to things like that, Im determined to do it on monday though

Back
Top Bottom