Robbed

mitchell486

Solid State Member
My house has recently gotten robbed. Last night actually at about 2 AM with me sleeping upstairs. I was OK and all but they took a TV and some stuff worth some money SO we are now trying to keep our apartment more secure. SO I have an RCA (Composite connection) security camera. I have a Pinnacle Dazzle Pro input device. I have an external hard drive that is 120 GB and I was wondering if there is anyway to:
A. Have this security camera (Link:Here
be able to record more than two hours which is as much as the Dazzle program will let me record.
B. Automatically update to an FTP server and save roughly 12-24 HRS of video at a time (total on the FTP) and automatically replace the OLDEST data when uploading the new data. (I'm assuming since an hour of video is roughly 2.5 GB that the upload time between videos would be roughly every two hours or so. Which would still be HUGE but it's all I can do...) [Maybe update every half hour so that it goes faster?]
C. Maybe just be motion sensor type camera.

Anyone have any ideas about how to use this as a security camera and back it up online daily? I just want to make it work and I figure it might take some scripts and some batch files to work but if I can get it to work that'd be awesome. If not. I suppose turning it on while we sleep/we are not home will have to be enough. Please. Anyone with any information about this stuff would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you all in advance.

Blue-ray wouldn't help much. The point of something like that is to have the video stored off site so if anything does happen to his house then there is no way his video's could be taken/destroyed.

Do you have a security system in your home? The company ADT does home security in Wisconsin and they now have cameras that you can view from the web as part of their package. Idk if you can save that video, but I"m sure it's possible. If ADT is out by you, check them out and see if they can help.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;821081 said:
Call the discovery channel and see if you can get the *It takes a thief* to come out and secure your place!

That or just watch the show and get some idea's and tips.

QFT!!!

Do you know WHY or HOW the guys got into your house anyway? having a hidden security camera isnt gonna prevent them from robbing you again if they found out that you never lock the door or something. You are just gonna be sleeping again, and the robbers come and take your stuff, and what are you gonna do then? call the police and give them the video of two guys in masks or hoods stealing stuff? wont help...

Back
Top Bottom