Privacy Tools '04 creator to infect your machine!

elling

Solid State Member
Below is a link to a thread which was started by one of the members of Spyware Warrior forums, http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=4112

Here are a few quotes:

ash1ey said:
And to be honest i'm even thinking of having some programmers write me some spyware. Yep, actual spyware to infect ppls machines. Why? Cus you all suck. I'm trying to work with you but you couldnt give a sh1t. So why try and work with the anti-spyware community when there only against you? You guys are against me so much that i'm going to start distributing spyware myself, its not hard. UNDETECTABLE stuff too To be honest theres probably more money in this then the actual spyware removal

and then -

Then, with regards to eburger68(Eric Howes) testing the app, once it is rewritten:
IF YOU TEST THE SOFTWARE OR HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SOFTWARE PLEASE EMAIL ME. IF YOU KEEP EMAILING ME STUPID QUESTIONS (i.e not related to the software) I'M GONNA ADD SOMETHING TO MY EULA THAT WILL STATE:

By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com

also, when he was told that distributing spyware is illegal http://www.safety.ngfl.gov.uk/ukonline/document.php3?D=d10

At the end of the day it wont be hard to pay someone to run my business from another country to ensure I dont get stung by any laws in this country. I have plenty of money and I will ensure I spend enough on making sure nothing is being done illegally.

The thread is now 5 pages long. It is a fascinating to watch ash1ey descend into madness. Join Spyware warrior and voice your opinion - oh but wait: you won't be able to d/l & test PT '04 once you're a member of SW cause his EULA says "By using this software you agree that you are not the owner of, affiliated with, or a member of spywarewarrior.com" Wah!

want to make a quick $25???

This is from page 5 of that spyware warrior thread:

ash1ey offers to pay people to write not-terrible reviews for his s/w at download.com:

"Hello

I am looking for someone to write 5 good reviews for my software at download.com - The reviews must be positive reviews and based around the good features of our software. This will require you to have 5 different email address's to register different reviews.

Payment will be escrowed via scriptlance and then released on completition of the work.

Urgent Job.

Thanks"

The above quote is taken from this ScriptLance.com page - http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1092083358.shtml

Bidding starts at $25.

Thanks to BrettStar at DSLReports.com.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11176050~mode=flat~days=9999~start=20

ash1ey is elling's other alias.
elling is needding to get more traffic to spywarewarrior.crap.

SO THIS IS (clever) SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

netuser said:
ash1ey is elling's other alias.
elling is needding to get more traffic to spywarewarrior.crap.

SO THIS IS (clever) SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG - - My alias at Spyware Warrior is Harry Letterman. Believe it or not, I really do not care. Go buy Ashley's junk s/w if you think it is great. As for getting more traffic at Spyware Warrior, that probably is a good thing if people are at all concerned with malware. Also, since everything written about Ashley at Spyware Warrior is negative and he has a clause in his EULA which specifically forbids Spyware Warrior members from downloading and testing his junk why would he post here in a futile attempt to have people visit Spyware Warrior?

All I was trying to do is spread the word about Ashley's stated intent to distribute "undetectable spyware".

WOW! This is so informative! Now I know that some twit, whether you or not, wants to send spyware to the people on that crap forum. very useful for me to know - as I am going to go on there, sign up, and become on his list.

What a bloody twit; I don't really care what programs will infect my machine - anybody who gets Spyware should be prepared to fight it themselves; especially if they, like most of us, know as much about it. If they let it on - tis their fault.

What a useful thread, eh? :D

Lord Kalthorn: I am glad that you found the information useful. I understand your point about people needing to be capable of disinfecting their machines by themselves. 95% of the people that I know would not have a clue as to how to permanently rid themselves of malware, most do not even know about Spybot-S&D. Ashley has recognised a very clear need for society to feel safe and so he has cleverly repackaged the same app known under the following aliases (ref. - http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm ):

2004 Adware/Spyware Remover & Blocker
ADS Adware Remover
AdwareSpy
AdWare SpyWare Blocker & Removal
AdwareX Eliminator
SpyBeware
The Web Shield

What I really like the most about Spyware Warrior Forums is their complete devotion to exposing menaces such as Ashley and their ilk. The members may be a tad heavy-handed at times (deserved, in Ashley's case) but I admire their devotion.

Lol... hmmm... I suppose its not Spamming.

Its quite useful information; ideally we need a place for posts that help people without them needing to ask a question. A place to post all these single comment threads about different problems.

Back
Top Bottom