Police Central e-crime Unit

larryl

Beta member
Help!!!! I got a virus called Police Central e-crime Unit. How do i remove it, what programs should i download?? How to download them now that my computer is locked?!

larryl,

You can use HitmanPro Kickstart to remove this infection and access your computer to scan it for malware. The program targets ransomware.

You need to know if the infected computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit ststem. See Note at the bottom of these instructions.

Download link for HitmanPro.Kickstart::
HitmanPro.Kickstart - Anti ransomware, politievirus, bundestrojaner, Reveton, BKA, GVU - SurfRight

You need to load a USB flash drive with HitmanPro Kickstart as follows...

Use a clean”(non-infected) computer, and download HitmanPro from the link above.

When HitmanPro opens, click the Kick icon at the bottom of the screen.

Plug the USB flash drive into the clean computer and follow the instructions from the first video on the website.

Next, plug in the USB drive just created into the infected machine.
Start the infected computer.

When the computer starts, press the key (on some machines its F10 or F2) that brings up the Boot Menu. From there, select to boot from the USB drive.
Info: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/remove-ransomware
Save the changes, and press on.

Next, perform a system scan with HitmanPro Kickstart as seen in the second video.

After HitmanPro Kickstart is done, boot into Windows.

~~~~~~~~~~~
To remove the malicious files of the ransomware...

Download RogueKiller:
Tlcharger RogueKiller (Site Officiel)

When you get to the website, go to where it says:
(Download link) Lien de téléchargement:
rendu2.png

Select the version that applies to your system. (See Note)
Click the dark-blue button to download.
Save to the Desktop.

Close all windows and browsers.
Right-click and select: Run as Administrator

At the program console, wait for the prescan to finish. (Under Status, it says: Prescan finished.)
Press: SCAN

When done, a report opens on the Desktop: RKreport.txt

Please provide the RKreport.txt (Mode: Scan) in your reply.

Note:
To find out if the system is 32 or 64 bit:
Click: Start
Type System in the Start Search box
Click System in the Programs list.

The operating system is displayed as follows:

For a 64-bit version operating system, under System > System type, it shows:
64-bit Operating System

For a 32-bit version operating system, under System > System type, it shows:
32-bit Operating System

cottonball, thanks you are a hero!

I must say that i asked also in another forum where i got murmured that i did not search in google for a solution and that there were thousands of them. I want to say that as a non experienced computer user its quite harder for me to figure out which removal guide is going to be helpful and which is just going to lead to other problems. That's why i prefer sharing my problem with people who are willing to take some time and help me. And for answering me i'd like to thank you and ssc456 also.

And to prove that its not that i'm lazy or something i searched in google for information about the virus. I came up to this as most informative (in my opinion) 'Police central e-crime unit virus' - Norton Community
Police Central e-Crime Unit - Viren und andere Sicherheitsrisiken - Avira Support Forum
Police Central e-crime Unit virus – how to remove

So anyways, on the second link someone also suggested the same program as cottonball, so i downloaded it. I also downloaded an antimalware program Malwarebytes, l'm not sure if its trusty but its free and many people recommend it.
I am now going to do a full scan of my computer, so wish me luck and thanks one more time :)

larryl,

Glad the program worked for you. The ransomware is difficult to remove, and KickStart has a solution.

As far as Malwarebyte's goes, it is also a good program. Use it now, and keep it for future use.You may want to run it once a week, once a month, or, whenever you wish.

Once you are done, please follow up with RogueKiller, and post its result.

I will take a look, and let you know if any further action is necessary.

It would not hurt to invest in a for real anti virus program like NOD32 from ESET.
NOD will give you real time scanning. It's lite weight and small foot print doesn't bog down your system either.

You can also get combofix from this link > ComboFix Download
Just download it then click run. If there's some there, it won't be for long.

@setishock

No offense intended, but, have seen too many of these when dealing with this ransomware:

...installed and ran ComboFix, rebooted, now windows won't load even in safe mode? any ideas?

ComboFix is a very powerful tool. You need to know how to use it, or, if unsure, it is best to use it under the guidance of someone who has been trained on its use.

Looks like larryl is doing fine with what he is doing. ;)

cottonball, thank you for the warning about ComboFix. I've heard from a friend that he had some problems with it also.
You really seem know what you are talking about.
Are you a programmer or something? :)

Are you a programmer or something?

Of the two choices, something is right!! :D

I am an Android who has worked in the malware removal area for a few years...

Don't forget to follow up with RogueKiller!!

Back
Top Bottom