Ok,What Free Antivirus is better than AVG???

Ok,Im fed up with AVG (Lack of features,messy interface,annoying update manager....) so im doing some research on some free Antivirus suites also looking for good antispyware.

So far i have found out that:
Comodo Antivirus
Avira Antivir
Avast! Anti virus

Are all pretty good,Which one is the best.Im Trying Comodo at the moment and its pretty good.I have been recomeneded Spyware Terminator for spyware,Is that good?

P.s Any Recomendations of ones not listed here will do to :D

Never heard of Spyware Terminator. I use SpySweeper, but it's not free. I used to use Ad-Aware, and never had any problems with that.

Listen, for COMODO turn off the HIPS Application protection. It will bug you to death. That's what I have right now and I also have COMODO Firewall and BO Clean (Malware). Hasn't failed me yet.

i have avast antivirus and just installed spyware terminator. so far ive had no problems with avast but ive heard good things about spyware terminator so im trying it out.

+1 for Avast

AVG8 gave me the shits so I went with Avast, seems OK, not that I've had a virus in the last 6?? 7?? years.

registration every couple of months is no biggy, your key expires, you fill out the form, they email a new key.

Avast seems to have their act together, nice gui and you never have to wonder if the def files are updated becuase it actually tells you with audio that the virus data base was update. I vote for Avast.

Nod32 is very good, virus wise and firewall wise. I've used it for years and have never had an issue. the configuration options dont need touching for the 'average home user' but can be changed to advanced and modified to practically any scenario you wish. It is also very reasonably priced at around £23 per license per year (each license covers one machine and lasts a year, multiple licenses get a reduced price).

Saying that, since I just made a media pc - the third of the house - i'm looking for an AV+FW combo that is preferably free since I'm already paying two license fees and dont really want to get any more (media pc data isn't worth money to protect in the same way as a normal desktop).

Back
Top Bottom