ok noobish question about networks

dbzkid

In Runtime
Hi all, im an electronics student that is learning about both software and hardware (im only 15) now i know how to crack the nomal local user accounts (in windows) (sam and system file), but i dont know much about network passwords like in windows network (not novell) im pretty sure that the pass hashes are stored in the pwl file (i may be wrong) so i guess the real question is where is the pass hashes stored? and maby even some tools on extract ing these file(s)

thanks guys

Hi all, im an electronics student that is learning about both software and hardware (im only 15) now i know how to crack the nomal local user accounts (in windows) (sam and system file), but i dont know much about network passwords like in windows network (not novell) im pretty sure that the pass hashes are stored in the pwl file (i may be wrong) so i guess the real question is where is the pass hashes stored? and maby even some tools on extract ing these file(s)

thanks guys

They can be stored in many different locations, depending on configuration

Windows 2000 in a network (Active Directory) environment, their easy to crack. Windows 2003 is far more secure, but still possible.

I have a Windows 2003 test environment sitting on a virtual PC somewhere, that we were using to test retrieving active directory based passwords from.

If you have AIM or MSN and want to talk more on their (Not the best to talk about this on the forums, certain people get upset), feel free to add my AIM or MSN in my profile.

I may even put the active directory test server online, still got it :)

They can be stored in many different locations, depending on configuration

Windows 2000 in a network (Active Directory) environment, their easy to crack. Windows 2003 is far more secure, but still possible.

I have a Windows 2003 test environment sitting on a virtual PC somewhere, that we were using to test retrieving active directory based passwords from.

If you have AIM or MSN and want to talk more on their (Not the best to talk about this on the forums, certain people get upset), feel free to add my AIM or MSN in my profile.

I may even put the active directory test server online, still got it :)

ok i added you on aim, im:
dbzkidataim

Back
Top Bottom