Norton vs AVG

thegreencheetah

Beta member
What do you ppl out there think? I heard norton had issues. I heard that it didnt detect small viruses. is this true. I installed AVG and it is detecteing many viruses that norton didnt detect. I heard AVG is good for trojans. so what is true. should i use AVG or Norton. What about using both? would that be a silly idea?

If Norton has issues why does Yahoo! use them to scan there mail and why does 1and1 Web host also use them?

AVG Makes half them up (Norton does not pick up trojans) thats why i have Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Ad-aware installed on my computer.

Go with Norton

norton excalltly puts virus onto your computer and when it says it haves a virus it will take you to norton website and make you pay for the service.what u really should use is McAfee and plus norton haves problems with windows xp sometimes.

Using both wont hurt anything, maybe slow your PC down a bit, other then that you will have double protection in a sence. I run AVG because its free and i have TONS of first hand experience with nortons issues (mainly the e-mail scanning feature)

technoman said:
AVG Makes half them up (Norton does not pick up trojans) thats why i have Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Ad-aware installed on my computer.

I am just making sure, are you saying that norton does not detect trojans?

EDIT: Nevermind, i think i understand what you are saying.

i would get pc cillin if you are going to purchase a anti-virus program. pc cillin is my personal favorite, i once heard that norton gets their virus definition from pc-cilling but unfortunatly i cannot confirm that.

ColdwaterCS said:
norton excalltly puts virus onto your computer and when it says it haves a virus it will take you to norton website and make you pay for the service.what u really should use is McAfee and plus norton haves problems with windows xp sometimes.

Thats bull sh*t no they don't i have been using them for 3 yr and i have never have that .. Stop saying crap ... Or PROVE IT!!

Back
Top Bottom