Norton Cleanup (NSW 2006) HELP!!

Joey Jarhead

Beta member
I just bought NSW 2006 last week and have had a problem with Norton Cleanup since. I get the Attention Required pop up that 1 item is affecting your status. With the details it tells me that I have to run Norton Cleanup. When I do, I get a pop up that "Express Cleanup was unable to to Initialize properly. That another application is currently using the Norton Cleanup Engine..." I also have NPF 2006 and Microsoft Antispyware. I have disabled NSW, NPF, and the Spyware with no luck each time. If there is any information anyone can give me it would be a huge help. Thanks.

do you think CleanUp is running in the background. As i only have SystemWorks 2005 i am unable to help you. Personal Firewall and Anti-Virus DON'T use the clean up engine.

I have an idea try this:
close SystemWorks .. look for a task (Ctrl, Alt + Del) labelled OBC.exe and NMain.exe. Close that and try again.

i know this is going to sound harsh, but take it in no offence..i personally hate Norton anti-virus..i even would go as far as to say that it screws with other programs.

the free ones that come with your computer are trial period ones, and work farely well til you un-install it. then it becomes an enemy.

To sum it up...i just don't trust Norton..i know that many have used this anti-virur and had good luck with it..i just don't trust this company.

avg and zone alarm all the way

as for your copy of nortan is it s legit copy? i no you bought it but these theys that can mean anything ;)

if you havnt then maybe thats where your problem is

if not to as technoman says check all the process for anything nortan related and copy what it is to the forums :D

Back
Top Bottom