nnet.exe

ursaminor1985

Beta member
Hi there,

I had a annoying virus that was related to certain .cab files and nnet.exe. Today i managed to eventually get rid of it, but im having pop-ups from something called filost url which is related to something called oldgames. I have read in many forums about deleting the vsys2.dll which i did in safe mode, it is now sitting in my recycle bin. Since i have come on the internet, i do not have the pop-ups which means that was obviously the culprit. However, is it safe to completely wipe this dll file from my hard drive?? I wont need to re-install windows xp or anything? (And should i do in in safe mode?) I know that .dlls are important, but how much so? Are there some that are not needed at all? Im not gonna delete them! lol. But i would like to learn more. So...is it safe for me to go ahead?

Thanks for any feedback

URSA.

It shouldn't affect your system at all if you remove vsys2.dll from the recycle bin. If you are still unsure, copy vsys2.dll to a blank floppy disk (make sure it has nothing on it, don't want to infect other files now do you ;) )

thanks guys

Hey thanks!

I removed it from the recycle bin and every thing seems to be in working order. I have so many virus scanners and they all came up clean. Funny thing, i did the TrendMicro online scan which said i had two worms!! My computer seems to be alrighty now. The virus i had was configuring my dial-ups and everything! It was pretty stressful cos you hear about how phone companies charge for the bills and cant re-emburse you. Fingers crossed for the future. It's been a learning experience, i tell ya!

Thanks alot :)

Take care. URSA.

Back
Top Bottom