need suggestions for programs monitoring ALL incoming traffic

maxima2k2

Solid State Member
Are there any good or excellent free programs that monitors all incoming traffic? I already have a good router that logs incomming traffic, but I want an application that is very user friendly. By the way, Vista came pre-installed on here. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but the more layers of protection, the better right? Is zone alarm compatible with Vista? Any advice would be excellent, thank you!

Many Software and/or hardware related items that can monitor incoming/outgoing traffic from your connection/network, just google Security software or hardware...there should be plenty to choose from.

Are there any good or excellent free programs that monitors all incoming traffic? I already have a good router that logs incomming traffic, but I want an application that is very user friendly. By the way, Vista came pre-installed on here. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but the more layers of protection, the better right? Is zone alarm compatible with Vista? Any advice would be excellent, thank you!

I would recommend Sygate from www.download.com which is a very user friendly "firewall," which monitors 'incomming' and 'outgoing' traffic. Also, has a GUI for it.

but the more layers of protection, the better right?

Not really. It's not the best idea to run two software firewalls at the same time on one PC for example. For one, it's not neccessary, #2 they could conflict with one another and cause more harm than good,

Correct me if IM wrong but I think ZA is for 2000 & xp. Not vista yet, that is.

Back
Top Bottom