Need help with .bat file

born2fly

Beta member
Can anyone please explain how to setup a batch file to not only open a link (internet) to a program or any file, but to automatically download that file and open it? Help is appreciated.

goto a site that tells you DOS commands, google it, then use Notepad, write the code, then click save as write the name of the file then write .bat at the end, hey presto, it works!

aff1993 said:
goto a site that tells you DOS commands, google it, then use Notepad, write the code, then click save as write the name of the file then write .bat at the end, hey presto, it works!

I know how to use .bat file.... I asked for an exact command, not how to create a .bat file. But thanks anyways.

born2fly said:
Can anyone please explain how to setup a batch file to not only open a link (internet) to a program or any file, but to automatically download that file and open it? Help is appreciated.

You'll need to use the FTP protocol in order to download it.

Well, I set it to open the link, but it prompts to Save or Run. Is there any possible way for it to Run automatically without it prompting?

Their is a way with the FTP command, but after your logged into the FTP i dont know how to run commands

Back
Top Bottom