Is my PC hacked?

carino

Beta member
Hi! I have a problem with a program called Windows Active Guard. I think that it is a scam tool. It acts like one. It starts without my permission, scans my system and warns me about compromised files, then it doesn`t allow me to delete these files and promotes itself as the only one way to get rid of these files.

Please, please, tell me how to remove this program, because it is really annoying and I believe that it is the cause for the slow work of my computer.

You can try to download Malwarebytes Antimalware (Free Edition). Install/update/scan with it and it should find that program as a rouge anti-virus and delete it for you.

Thanks for your help! This is what I did. First, because I panicked and I didn`t know what to do, I searched for some information on Google and this is what I saw Remove Windows Active Guard. Indeed, there are some removal instructions here, but I preferred using Malwarebytes as you have recommended me to do and indeed it worked!

I run it in SafeMode ( I had it on a flash drive).

Now I can say that I`m a proudly owner of a fixed computer and I really hope my PC will not be infected again. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom