Multiple viruses on computer

lolli_pop

Baseband Member
My anti-virus found multiple viruses on my computer, and automatically deleted Internet Explorer as it could not repair the file. However, now that I've reinstalled it, it will only open the home page, then when I try to go to another page, the window "flickers" and won't go to any other page.

Also, there is a virus which has affected files I did not even know existed, such as XRBOT.EXE, VR.EXE and L.EXE. These three have been infected multiple times by the same virus, which is W32/IRCBot-based!Maximus. I do not know what these files are or what their purpose is so I do not know how to fix the problem as the anti-virus says it cannot disinfect them.

Also, I tried to do a system restore, and it just keeps saying Unable to restore computer, no matter what date I select.

HELP PLEASE!! :confused: :(

win 32 can be a pain once on my win 98 pc i had 728 viruses all i did was a backup of the system on to a couple of discs and then put 98 on there again by reinstalling windows.

Not sure if i'd trust that site with vista stuff though. It says you cannot turn off system restore in vista. In Home Premium you can, which would mean ultimate can. Odds are, Home Basic and Business can too.

If you are not running vista, give that site a try.

Year I never thought to ask what OS he was running, I was thinking he was using xp, good important tip.

It's "she" not "he" lol. Yes, I'm using XP, but what does that site do. I mean, does it sort the whole restore thing out, or internet crap, or what?

It's "she" not "he" lol. Yes, I'm using XP, but what does that site do. I mean, does it sort the whole restore thing out, or internet crap, or what?

Oh sorry dear:eek: lol, If you look up the link it tells you if you AV does not shift it then click on the trend micro link and run there on line scanner and it will remove it, it also tells you to reset your system restore as it gets in many registry files so it re executes from various other hidden system files, just follow the instructions given on the above link.:)
As for you IE problem well it could be your firewall settings blocking your access so check them.

NOD32 is good. That said, I'm of the belief that the only way to truly know your system is clean is to restore from a known good source (that usually being your OS install disk).

So, back up all your data (or at least the important stuff) and reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom