Mouse Virus

DJM1972

Baseband Member
Here in about the last 2 weeks my mouse has been goin apshit on me. I think I remember having this problem years ago. Its not really a virus its more a kid joke. But none the less its becoming very annoying. Has anyone else had this happen I did a search for "mouse virus" in the search box but no results. I don't have any mouse software installed that I'm aware of so I guess I'll just try and uninstall and reinstall the drivers. Navagating without a mouse aught to be real fun.

Ok is it just moving randomly? or if you move it in one direction does it appear as if it is at a lot of places on the line at once?

How did you get it? Did you download something?

I have heard of usb devices that make the mouse move erratically - if someone (particularly a kid) had access to your computer - is there anything unusual plugged in at the back?

Need specifics to help you mate.

wired mouse or wireless?

if its wireless maybe something is interfering making it go crazy.

sometimes the lasers in the mouse detect movment when there is none, my old mouse would do this sometimes.....not touching the mouse yet the curser is moving slowly around bump the mouse with your hand and it stops.

Yeah I went to one of those e-card sites and it tried to install a tool bar or something. My virus canner poped up with 2 code Reds. I think its been doing it since then. But my comp and virus scanner NOD32 are so slow I thought it might be easier to reinstall the drivers. Might not, I'l try and run my scanner again.

If I move the mouse up the cursor flies the opposite direction.
Its a wired mouse.
No one has access to my pc.

I tried unistalling my mouse drivers, man was that a mistake. My comp wouldn't work at all then. I had to do a system restore.
I found an old mouse I had layin around and pluged that in and that seems to have fixed it. Strange how a laser beam can go bad. They probably put a little chip in there with a half life of about 2 years so you gotta buy every so often.
thanks

Nothing lasts forever, some things go bad sooner than later unfortunately.

No virus it was just a hair on the lense. I took it apart carefully and cleaned the lense with an eye glass cloth. It was just a bunch of furr and hair.

Back
Top Bottom