macosx

hacksta

In Runtime
does anyone know website with like the full guide to using macosx. just got a new one and im kind of lost. and if you have a website make sure it has stuff like hiding your ip address (for educational purposes) and unlocking locked system preferences stuff. if you do have any thing about that tell me. like a manual for using macosx.
p.s. dont lock this thread please its for educational purposes

I know a lot about Mac OS X. Which version are you running? Jaguar, Panther, or Tiger? I dont really know of a good website to show you how to use it. I would just play around with it (you can't really mess anything up unless you are in System Preferences). As far as a firewall you just need the one that is built in turned on. Located in System Preferences -> networking or security i can't remember. There are no viruses to worry about but you can download a free virus scanner from Securemac.com just in case.

umm i dont know if its a jaguar or panther. but do you like know how to like unlike system preference stuff like ill go to system preferences and say ill try to click on the dock preference. i cant because its not like highlited any ideas
(this is school computers we they actually give us our own personal laptops and i want to un lock the system prefences)

like i said im not doing this to brake the rules im just doing it for educational purposes

hacksta said:
like i said im not doing this to brake the rules im just doing it for educational purposes

If I rob a bank for financial reasons does it make it okay?
They want ur accounts to be limited. That's why they limited them.
U getting around that would be most likely against the school rules. If u really need it for educational purposes ask the one who takes care of that stuff in your school.

ok say if i were to to that who exactly would i ask?? the internet would seem alot easier if i just post a thread and have people post the ansers, sorry if your trying to think im trying to get past a filter. because if i were i would ask.

Back
Top Bottom