LCD Credit Cards

Don't get it.

More technology == more risk

Deal in cash when you can. Check when you cannot. Card when you have to.

I don't necessarily think it will be easy to hack as certainly in England we have "chip n pin" machine which are machines that the bank sends out to customers so you can log into your online banking.

Put your pin no. in and it gives you a unique code to login with (kinda like a session ID)

To my knowledge these have not been hacked yet? I would have thought there would be some major scares if they had?

My only concern is quite literally wear on the card, prime example is my office has a door entry code system and you can VERY EASILY see that the numbers 1234 are more worn than any others (very secure code i know).

Now granted these 4 numbers could still be in any order but it's still more information than you want to be giving away.

The device that I linked above and the device you're referring to are essentially the same. It is generating a new private key on a timed schedule or on demand.

re: your article linked,
That's actually not entirely a phishing scam. There is a virus through email that then offers banking training or something, then hides in your browser while you authenticate. Once you have authenticated, it can then use the active session to steal your money. Using the system though, it cannot repetitively authenticate to your account. It's a type of session hijacking more than phishing.

Back
Top Bottom