Is Internet Explorer Safe Again Yet?

jakeny

Baseband Member
I saw the news recently that the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security said to not use Internet Explorer, because of a serious Microsoft bug thing in it.

Any idea of whether it's safe yet and what anyone may need to do in the meantime. I actually fluctuate between Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. So I've used both in the past, but stopped using IE when I heard about the warning (although I probably wasn't using for 2 weeks prior to that anyways).

Hmmm, speak of the devil. I was just on my laptop earlier (in the campus lab now) and couldn't get Google Chrome to go to any pages. It said "connecting..." on the bottom left corner of the browser. I tried going to different webpages and even restarting my computer. No help. :cool: Still wouldn't connect to any webpages.

It literally just had a blank white screen with the words "connecting..." at the bottom. At one brief short period of time it said something like "proxy server" (or something like that), but that message disappeared quickly and it was back to the "connecting..." message again.

Not sure if this is just a temporary thing, but it sucks for the moment since I'm too scared to use IE after the big scare in the news. So Chrome is my only other browser in my dorm.

I sure wouldn't use IE right now and would rather use Firefox browser by Mozilla much more reliable in my opinion than IE or Chrome and easier to use than with Chrome. The main thing they were saying is don't use any website that has Flash video with IE. If you do download Firefox they don't display Flash on their download website. So you should be safe downloading the browser if you decide to do so. Just don't use IE for a while.

Saw an article today that Microsoft released a Windows Update fixing the problem. I still wouldn't use IE.

Here we go, big bad IE again!
You guys should know any Web browser can be exploited at any given time, as for preference of which one to use is your own choice.

Here we go, big bad IE again!
You guys should know any Web browser can be exploited at any given time, as for preference of which one to use is your own choice.

I'd say chrome is definitely safer than IE. Google has offered $3 million to anybody that can hack it.

I'll stick with Chrome.

Back
Top Bottom