I need help i got spyware!

jeff_biker

Beta member
Hey,like 5 weeks ago i entered a website and it had all these pop ups, so when i closed it i start gettign these pop-ups. so i bought a spy ware remove program " webroots Spy Sweeper " and i still keep getting it. the pop ups are from www.popuppers.com and some z1 search or whatever please help me because when i leave my computer on all the pop ups gather and it freezes it i also have google tool bar which blocks pop ups , but doesn;t block all of them. THe current computer model i have ais a windows 95 so if you can help please do thanks.

JEff

I would switch your default browser over to Firefox that should help out with some the the problems.

Just download free versions of spybot search and destroy, adaware and others. Those two are the best though.

Since spybot is free there isn't any harm in trying it. Webroots spyware sweeper seems to have promising report when I googled for it, but like I said you've got nothing to loose.
Have you tried running a virus scanner? you can get a free one from www.grisoft.com.

Firefox is a web browser, you can find out more at www.mozilla.com. It's uniquly different from IE and less suceptable to attacks and popups because it has a good popup blocker built into it.
I think it's most likely there is a program installed on your PC that is getting these popup ads for you, so switching browsers will not fix this problem, but it *might* help prevent future problems.

the google toolbar only blocks popups that are coded into webpages using javascripts.
I think the problem here is more like what you see if you have kazaa installed, every half hour or so an advertisment will appear on your screen regardless of whether you are using your computer or not. I don't think the google toolbar blocks these.

Oh i am not too sure but atleast it will block some popups, mine has blocked 239 and i have had it about a week or so, I hate kazaa for its adverts.

The virus/ Spyware programe i have are adaware which i ran so many times and spy bot s&d and i ran soem many times it pick up stuff but not much , then i bought the spy sweeper the full versioion and it deleted 509 trackign cookies/ spyware, but i still get the popups and i have the 2003 norton antivirus detector and i scanned it liek 10 times and no viruses were found is there any way to do this manually?

if so please tell me thanks

later.

you can block the site www.popuppers by doing this:

go to control panel/ network and internet connections/
internet options/ at top tag (security)

click restricted sites/then right under that click sites

then in the box type in the url you want to stop from popping up...

Back
Top Bottom