I know freedom of speech.. but is this legal?

Mal1

In Runtime
I was looking for some information on hacking, n.b. not cracking, to know how its done, because knowing how something is done makes it easier to guard against. Anyway, I came across these 2 sites.. and I can't believe such blatant cracking tools/articles etc are legal and so readily available. More to the point, from governmentsecurity.org!
The other site actually has something that I was looking for, and when I clicked a link to a tutorial, Javascript asking "Which URL would you like hacked?" came up. I mean.. legality? surely no.. nonetheless you can cancel that and read the tutorial on hacking which does seem informative, but the black background and green text just makes you wonder whether that page is one fat bug that you've just allowed onto your pc.
Whilst it isn't in the rules that the posting of that URL is not allowed, I'm not going to because it also contains what appears to be vast information on cracking which I don't support or wish to be spread to the youth of today desperate to get around school network security by whatever means necessary.

I can only hope the percentage of hackers that are crackers is smaller than it would seem everywhere you look these days..

The Internet is not possible to police; sites especially those of crackers are hard to close down and if they are they're not going to stay down for long. That site was probably registered before Governments thought about Security Sites being put on the Internet.

besides the goverments only use the .gov and the country abriviations. they dont take over every possible conbination for their name like big corperations do and they surely dont sue you if you think of something they dont. as for the laws concerned information is legal as long as you dont use it.

Hackers vs Crackers

I would just like to say this, just in case you don't know:
there is a MAJOR difference between hackers and crackers, and it is this: hackers build upon things, make them stronger
crackers break into things, stealing information that is not theirs or ruining a company's or innocent persons computer.

you see the difference? just thought i might make that clear so everybody gets the difference.

Yeah, lol, we know that. Hackers is just easier to say - and saying Crackers is bad is not nice because Crackers are great! Very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom