I had the Kuang2 Virus. Should I be worried?

SASSoldier

Baseband Member
Ok, I just ran an avast! scan and it found the Kuang2 Virus, or Trojan I believe it said. This file has been deleted and all is good it seems. Should I be worried about what this file has done to my computer, as there are no obvious problems right now.

I think you should try accessing all the major programs , whether they are running fine and be verified that the Virus has not caused them to stop running.

many-a-times, we cannot make the harm the virus causes to some files, it is only later, when we have the need of accessing a program that we discover that the program has been damaged.

Pamela.

I think you should try accessing all the major programs , whether they are running fine and be verified that the Virus has not caused them to stop running.

many-a-times, we cannot make the harm the virus causes to some files, it is only later, when we have the need of accessing a program that we discover that the program has been damaged.

Pamela.
yea, sometimes i dont notice a problem till a few weeks later and then its harder to fix it as ive done loads more stuff since then.
run a hijack this log aswell just to see if anythings happening there

It's a very dumb simple virus which doesn't have any real effect because it relys on communicating by listening in on a port. It can't do much damage in a home network

Most viruses just sits there and just says that there is one. I remembered my favorite Win32.Pinfi...oh yeah :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. All my programs are working fine :) I was just concerned as I read online that this little bugger can potentially be a key logger, so I changed some important passwords as well. Also, Hijack This was clean, nothing out of the ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom