I cant get rid of the viruses in my comp..HELP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexxx

Beta member
Hello guys, please excuse me if i make any mistakes here,im far from being a comp,pro or wizard ..here's my problem, i own an older COMPAQ PRESARIO model ( sr1010nx) with windows XP...it has slowed down alot & when i restart it i get a bunch of pop up's and have 2 click them off,i was told got 1 or more virus..I was wondering if u guys can tell which anti-virus/spyware programs i can download on the net for free 2 get rid of the viruses?..ive allready downloaded AVG the free edition & its been working good,ive removed 4 viruses ,but i cant get them all,how do i get my computer fully cleaned,like when i take to a tech.??..thank you guys.

Get malabytewear it's called something like that,it's free. now if you want a really good protection get norton, it's not free but I use it and have never got a virus! You probbly know this but about every 2 weeks or so. Do a disk difracment !

If you are going to pay for an anti-virus don't bother with Norton, get something like NOD32.

Malwarebytes is good for a free anti-malware program. If you want a free AV to go with it Microsoft Security Essentials does a decent job.

Since you're already infected, installing a new AV won't be of much assistance at this point. I would start by using the program outlined in the following guide. It's been an ace up my sleeve for years. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

,my comp.has all ready been infected,is there any free or paid program on the market that will completely clean my comp.of viruses? & im curious what programs do the pros use to clean ur comp.like when u take into a comp.store??

The only program that I'm aware of that comes close to that for after-the-fact is the one I linked to.

From experience, I'll let you know the trade secret. When you bring a computer into a shop for a virus remove and tools fail, they find out what virus they are dealing with and manually delete the files and registry files. That is assuming that it's possible. If the infection is in the MBR of the hard drive, the only way to guarantee that the virus is gone is to format the drive.

Simply put, it's become bloated compared to others. It's slower and from personal experience it doesn't detect anything.

Simply put, it's become bloated compared to others. It's slower and from personal experience it doesn't detect anything.
When was the last time you used Nortons?

I use to say the same as you until I tried it again and surprised to find the exact opposite what you are saying.

May be you should do some research and read some independent reviews on anti virus software & try a few to bring your self up to date.

Don't need reivews. I see it fail at least twice a week at the shop when customers, who use Norton, come in with viruses. Take the drive out and scan with norton on another computer: nothing found, scan with anything else: finds infections.

I will agree that it has become less bloated than it used to be but it's detection rate is still crappy for the average user.

Don't need reivews. I see it fail at least twice a week at the shop when customers, who use Norton, come in with viruses. Take the drive out and scan with norton on another computer: nothing found, scan with anything else: finds infections.

I will agree that it has become less bloated than it used to be but it's detection rate is still crappy for the average user.
Oh well your opinion is noted but you must admit.... "not every antivirus is 100% in detecting viruses"
That is fact!!!

Thankyou for your comment.

PS: going by your last reply to me and you made it obvious that you work in a PC repairs, how come you are using Nortons? when you think it is no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom