HUGE PROBLEM please read

fatosber

Beta member
I was downloading something, and suddenly my anti spyware program tells me of
a virus. I don't have any antivirus programs at this time so I shut down the computer. When I turn it on again it freezes on the windows startup screen. I mean i can move the mouse but the image its the same it does not change. I have a lot of important data's in DRIVE C so I would not like to loose them. PLEASE help I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IT

First off, you'll need to boot in safe mode by tapping F8 at the computer startup and then selecting safe mode, which loads on the absolute minimal processes for Windows to be operational, after that, you really need to scan your computer with not only virus scanners but also for spyware and adware ...
Virus scanners which you should download is AVG, while spyware and adware scanners you should download are Ad Aware, Spybot Search And Destroy and Microsoft Anti Spyware ... make sure that you do full system scans in safe mode after you update the definitions ...
After that, see if you can boot normally ...

dyserq said:
First off, you'll need to boot in safe mode by tapping F8 at the computer startup and then selecting safe mode, which loads on the absolute minimal processes for Windows to be operational, after that, you really need to scan your computer with not only virus scanners but also for spyware and adware ...
Virus scanners which you should download is AVG, while spyware and adware scanners you should download are Ad Aware, Spybot Search And Destroy and Microsoft Anti Spyware ... make sure that you do full system scans in safe mode after you update the definitions ...
After that, see if you can boot normally ...

I did what you said and now i am runing it on safe mode but the INTERNET doen not work. should I download those programs that you told me from another computer and then install them in it. THANKS BTW I appriciate it

If possible you should, it would stop your computer being exposed to the internet ...

fatosber said:
I did what you said and now i am runing it on safe mode but the INTERNET doen not work. should I download those programs that you told me from another computer and then install them in it. THANKS BTW I appriciate it

Try safe mode with networking.
Or as u said u could just download it with an other computer and burn it to a cd.

Back
Top Bottom