how easy is my pc to hack into?

danagol

Baseband Member
i have set up a hard drive password, and admin password, both (8 characters) and the usual account password (15 characters). can anyone tell me how easy would it be if someone found my laptop, to get it unlocked.

(dont worry theres nothing illegal on it but just alot of important flash files which take alot of work to make! not to mention over 31 gig of cartoons!)

Well, TBH, if all passwords are letters and numbers, the hacker would be at a skeleton state and still wouldn't have found the password.

thats good to know, but if it was to be taken to a professional data recovery or something, how much do you think it would cost them?

danagol said:
thats good to know, but if it was to be taken to a professional data recovery or something, how much do you think it would cost them?
Like, a good $150, if the othr guy didn't corrupt any firmware.

danagol said:
i have set up a hard drive password, and admin password, both (8 characters) and the usual account password (15 characters). can anyone tell me how easy would it be if someone found my laptop, to get it unlocked.

(dont worry theres nothing illegal on it but just alot of important flash files which take alot of work to make! not to mention over 31 gig of cartoons!)

Well depending on what you mean by "hard drive password"

The windows based password would take someone like me all of 10 minutes to crack honestly

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well depending on what you mean by "hard drive password"

The windows based password would take someone like me all of 10 minutes to crack honestly
if he uses letters, letters and numbers are a lot harder.

haha the windows passwords are as weak as a paper door between you and 10 hungry lions! lol. but useful if you need the toilet and can just quickly hit <winKey> <L>

PC, Laptop Bios passwords take me less then a minute to bypass, windows passwords around 2/3 minutes. So simply put, there a waste of time.

BullDog(UK)

lhuser said:
if he uses letters, letters and numbers are a lot harder.

Worst case scenario is I need to export the sam file to a USB drive, and crack it at home. My rainbow tables get 99% of passswords in under half an hour.

And if I can't do it, just need someone with larger tables, and i know where to get large passwords cracked ;)

Also, with the new U3 technolagy in flash drives and the way windows is built, apparently I can steal files without ever logging on, so I could copy the SAM file as the SYSTEM account to a usb drive.

Back
Top Bottom