how do I delete files for good?

thrustan

BSOD
After I have sent my files to the recycle bin, it can be retrieve with the aid of a program. How do I delete my files for good?

You need an app like FileShredder. This isn't the only on e. There are numerous apps out there that do the same thing. Take a look around and see which one you prefer.

yeha, with some anti virus programs they come with a little program that'll shred your old files and such for good. i remmeber macafee coming with something like that. or fileshredder that works too. i dont think NAV has it. ill have to check but im not on my home comp right now so yeha.

thank for all the replies. but that only takes care of the files i would want to delete in the future.

what do i do with the files i have deleted? shredder and washer doesn't allow me to select deleted files.

please further help.

eraser has a function that will erase unused disk space. which once a file or such is deleted it becomes unused disk space that can be overwritten. you can also right click the trash can and tell it to erase whats in it.

thanks, hake. but there are folders that i cannot right-click and select erase like the 'RECYCLER' folder. this folder is invisible (not as in 'hidden' that can be enabled in options), and i can only access it by typing something like this into the address bar of my window manager: e:/recycler

i assume when i delete something from my 'e' drive, it would go to the recycle bin in 'c' drive. but when i clear my recycle bin, the 'undead' files originally from 'e' drive goes into the 'recycler' folder, which is not shown to users.

what do i do about this folder?

That link doesnt seem to work.............so how do u delte stuff from the past according to my recycle bin it holds 3.99g of space for recycle bin how do i completly delete that.

Freakshow said:
That link doesnt seem to work.............so how do u delte stuff from the past according to my recycle bin it holds 3.99g of space for recycle bin how do i completly delete that.

? ok that makes no scnese!

Back
Top Bottom