How can I secure my data?

martin12

Solid State Member
I am totally scared of securing my sensitive information on my personal system. I prefer not to give my system placed at home on wrong hands. I don't want that anyone can read or make wrong access to my data. I have locked my important files in one folder but still fear of losing any data as I have read on internet that someone can steal through internet and also my hard disk can be crash.

Please guys, guide me to how can I secure my data? I know your replies would sure help me.

Offline storage will be the way that you want to go. If you are looking to store data off your computer look into getting a simple external hard drive. If you constantly need access to this data I would look into some encryption. If you were at all thinking about upgrading to Windows 7 look at getting Ultimate. It has encryption software build right in. Now you are not going to be able to fully protect your data because nothing is impossible. The only way to make sure you are getting full protection is offline storage.

You could try using strong encryption methods like a blowfish algorithm, so if anybody ever did get the file it just makes it that little bit harder to view it.
Download the software to encrypt it from http://download.cnet.com/Blowfish-Advanced-CS/3000-2092_4-10362009.html
All you have to do is make and encryption key that is over 512MB to make it very secure, save it to a flash drive that you only use.

All you do when you want to then encrypt a file is drag it in

I am totally scared of securing my sensitive information on my personal system. I prefer not to give my system placed at home on wrong hands. I don't want that anyone can read or make wrong access to my data. I have locked my important files in one folder but still fear of losing any data as I have read on internet that someone can steal through internet and also my hard disk can be crash.

Please guys, guide me to how can I secure my data? I know your replies would sure help me.

Hook up your computer through a router, use a well known security suit and as stated use a good file encryption and you will be right.

Any further help can be found at http://issviews.com/forum/
or another option would be don't use the net.

Cheers

Thanks to all...
Useful information..Suggest me some backup software perfect for personal system.

If this is more than grandma and grandpa's bank information and something that really really needs to be secure. If you got the money and its worth it to you get a SonicWall

Definitely encryption is the way to go. Thats about all you can do. Unless you want to encrypt an external h.d.d.

Suggest me some backup software perfect for personal system.

I would like to suggest u the farstone lite. it have rescued my data many times. If you are facing the virus trouble than you should try norton's Ghost.

If you are thinking about encryption I would recommend having a look at Truecrypt. This program will allow you to encrypt only certain files, or your entire hdd. This is the only program that I am willing to use as it stays the most up-to-date.

Let me know if you want and help with it as I am willing to help people set it up.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom