How to block sites?

mashia

Beta member
Hi. I keep receiving pop-ups from only a few certain sites (which I do not remember visiting ever...they're not vulgar, but they ARE annoying... Ex: travel agencies, "free" offers, etc.) Anyhow, I am using Mozilla Firefox (and before you tell me to switch browsers, please be aware that I'm not going to, sorry!) is there any way to block a certain site? I know that Internet Explorer had something like that, but I can't find it on Firefox. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you get these ads regardless of where you go? Or do you get them only when you visit specific sites?

Doesn't matter where they go. If you go to the firefox website and look through the add ons you'll find some popup blockers. Get one and set it up to suit your needs.

If OP gets ads regardless of the place he visits, then he is likely infected or hijacked; if he only gets ads on specific sites, then he only needs an ad blocker. He did not clarify this in his original post, and he needs to.

On my cell phone I download certain apps for free which sends me ads (which makes those apps free). My guess is you or somebody downloaded some free program into your computer which is sending those ads. If that's the case, you have these options: get the paid version of the program so that you stop receiving the ads or you can delete the free program or you can keep the free program and keep receiving the ads (I don't know if a program like AdAware will block out those ads which could be another option).

Last edited:
If OP gets ads regardless of the place he visits, then he is likely infected or hijacked; if he only gets ads on specific sites, then he only needs an site blocker. He did not clarify this in his original post, and he needs to.

Where can I get this blocker?

Hi..
By following the listed steps you can block the popups of all the sites which are irritating you.
Open Firefox and select the "Tools" option from the mail toolbar
Click the "content" tab
Then select the "Block popup" option
Click on " Exceptions" and "remove all sites" displayed at the bottom of windows
Select Close and then OK for saving the settings.

Back
Top Bottom