Hijacked?

Kali

Baseband Member
Aloha everyone! I'm obviously new:D
I just came from a very UNhelpful Sudhian hoping that someone over here can give me some better advice, rather than telling me to go buy a router :rolleyes:

About two weeks ago I finally gave up and formatted my HD. I'm having 2 different problems.

1)My webpages and pretty much anything to do with on-line is lagged. Scrolling is very chunky and typing appears very slow. It's almost as if something is eating up my bandwidth. I ran AdAware 6.0 and it removed 36 compents yesterday; it averages about 10-15 a day! I noticed in a few of the things being removed it had hijacker in the details. Is someone leeching off my broadband? If so, how do I stop them? I have all the latest win updates & IE6. Kerio's hasn't alerted me of anything and nothing abnormal appears in systray. I've cleared my cookies a number of times, and searched regedit.

2)Moving onto the appropriate forum...

Spec's are:
Win 98se
AMD 700 KT-7 RAID
256 sdRAM
Nvidia Geforce2MX
Hi Val 16x DVD
Pacific Digital 24X
E-mu APS

Any help is GREATLY appreciated
Mahalo, Kali

The 'clunkyness' shouldn't be anything to do with your net connection. Try using the mozilla browser (http://mozilla.org). If you speed is slow and you mentioned that you have searched for adware then contact your ISP and see if there is something wrong at their end.

GREAT! Ok so I wrote this really pissy post but am editing it. Mozilla wasn't connecting. It would alert me with any address that the page/document contained no data. It turned out to be a firewall issue. Everything browsing wise seems to be ok for the most part. Thanks:D
Mahalo & Aloha:D

Well I found out how to import them but it wouldn't work. I just had to go to each one in IE copy and paste to Mozilla then Bookmark.

If I could just get my DVD working then i will have a rockin setup.

Back
Top Bottom