help securing my wirless

AlexoftheWest

Solid State Member
i read the sticky but i need very basic help for an inexperienced wirless user.

--originaly when i installed the software for my dlink dir-600 wirless router, it let me set up a network and make a password and such. recently installed another router instead, but then took it out and returned it, now im using the dir 600 again. a problem appeared now though. my wife in the other room was having a hard time finding the network, but when we found it, it is now labeled as unsecure, and it has no password. i no longer have the installation software if i need it.

-how do i make it secured again. (walk me through this like a baby if possible)

---i tried asking this same question on the d link forum, but no one seems to ever read posts there unfortunately.

i read the sticky but i need very basic help for an inexperienced wirless user.

--originaly when i installed the software for my dlink dir-600 wirless router, it let me set up a network and make a password and such. recently installed another router instead, but then took it out and returned it, now im using the dir 600 again. a problem appeared now though. my wife in the other room was having a hard time finding the network, but when we found it, it is now labeled as unsecure, and it has no password. i no longer have the installation software if i need it.

-how do i make it secured again. (walk me through this like a baby if possible)

---i tried asking this same question on the d link forum, but no one seems to ever read posts there unfortunately.
Google for the manual and the relevent software... not that hard, Once you have it you won't have to be walked through like a baby.... You have done it before!

Back
Top Bottom