help!! pinging problem (?)

hk29

Beta member
Someone or something has been trying to ping my computer and each time it comes from the same source 38.116.157.132 (location: Denver). It comes up as "ICMP Ping" or "Port xxxx (sum random four numbers)". My computer starts freezing a lot and a blue screen of death appears saying that there's some kind of error. Is someone trying to hack into my computer? The same thing happened to my computer only a month ago..the only thing I could do was replace the hard disk. I don't want to go through the hassle of reformatting the hard drive again. If there's any way to fix this problem...any and all info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

when you get the BSD(blue screen of death) copy the error it gives you.. its prolly something like X0000000A (xoooooooa1, xxxxxxxxx,xxxxxx ) somethin along those lines.. copy it go to tech.net and search microsofts knowledge base to see what that error is indicating.... also use NEOTRACER to trace that IP to the ISP of the user.. and call that ISP and tell them.. or call your ISP and tell them to block that IP and see if they could provide information about it.

also run some scans in safe-mode just to make sure you dont have any trojans or keyloggers or anything.

goodluck

Back
Top Bottom