Help, I'm stuck with a frikin vuirus!

lhuser

Golden Master
Everytime I am on Windows, I hear the ding.wav play like that. I also recived some kind of crap saying that Windows Will shut down in 30 secs. Then, I recieve so many pop-ups, you can't believe. Anyone knows how to get rid of this POS?

what anti-virus are u using? I imagine that u have already updated and scanned the whole computer?

start -> run -> msconfig -> startup and google for the processes. Disable the ones that are bad.

Updated and scanned. I am using avast! Home edition

msconfig doesn't "exist" under Win 2k. I don't have it

EDIT:

Here are some actions that I am also going to take:

-Install Firefox
-Install ZoneAlarm firewall
-Install AVG Free in adition of avast! Professional...meaning 3 anti-virus...check me if am doing something wrong
-Delete IE shortcuts so no one could acess it
-No more illegal downloading (exept for LM and bittorrents) i won't go in detrails
-Keep Antiviruses updated
-Buy Ad-aware SE 1.06 Pro in addition of Ad-aware SE personal, Spybot SD and Hijackthis!
-Install Windows 2000 SP4

That's what I'm going to do. Install XP MCE 2k5...my 2k crashed...I hate SP4 :mad:

Yes, get Windows XP, best option ;)
Sometimes not stable but the benefits definately outweigh those of windows 2000 ...

I had enough problems with Win 2k This time, I have problem making a Windows XP boot CD...wahhhhh! :(

lhuser said:
I had enough problems with Win 2k This time, I have problem making a Windows XP boot CD...wahhhhh! :(

Making an xp cd? Care to exspand on that? Just courious...

Back
Top Bottom