HELP Computer slows down, then stops surfing

leathersmt

Solid State Member
I have had repeated trouble with hackers. Lately, I have had problems where when I have been working on a project, and just as I am about finished with it, like altering a photo, the computer shuts down, Blam, All my work for naught. Now this made me start checking into my system. I have not fouind anything with spybot, hijackthis, or any other online scan or virus checker. I think the files that the person is using are hidden to well for me to find.
The problem lately is that I am surfing along for a while, about ten to twenty minutes, depending on the time of day. and then the computer starts to slow down. Then it will stop surfing all together. I have to redo my lynksis router settings and my sppedstream Eartlink router. Sometimes, even rebooting the computer after doing all this. Any ideas?
I would like to reinstall my windwos XP and remove any unkown files, but I dont want to reinstall everything or loose files I need. Help please.

Note, that mostly it is Netscape

I have fou8nd since posting this that Netscape is the partial culprit, but I think it may have something to do with active x too?
Is there anyway to reinstall any active x to help clean the system and start it over>?

Back
Top Bottom