HELP! Android Trojan...noooooo!

jakeny

Baseband Member
OK, now that I have your attention, it's not actually my own computer that was infected, but my mom's. :lol:

But I'm still possibly affected, since we share the same Wi-Fi network at home (or am I affected??) and I want to help her and I trust you guys here! :)

So, her Android system was infected with a Trojan thingy that said action needed to be taken. We shut the computer down and it's remained that way.

Question 1: Will hitting the reset button to restore factory settings delete the Trojan? That's what she did right afterwards (nothing else, though, as it's shut down right now).

Question 2: If not, what should we do?

Question 3: Do we need to change our Wi-Fi network password at all and is it safe for my mom to enter it into the computer again (since she wiped it all after a reset)? In other words, if the Trojan thingy is still on her computer, could a hacker pick up on the password if she types it in now?

Question 4: Only my mom's computer uses Android, whereas all other computers in our house are different. But given that she picked up a Trojan and we all share the same Wi-Fi network in the house, would her infection affect any of us?

Thanks so much guys!!!!!!:flowers:

To go down the line:

1) It should yes. If it's like every other android device I've used that clears everything.
2) N/A
3) That shouldn't be necessary
4) This is tricky. Normally, viruses and other malware have issues crossing platforms because of differences needed in their coding for different host systems. However I'd imagine that this was written at least to a degree in java which is usually platform independent. However if this was written to still only target android systems (which is possible) then it wouldn't affect any non-android device. In the end, this is a wait and see where you should run your virus scanner just to be safe.

To go down the line:

1) It should yes. If it's like every other android device I've used that clears everything.
2) N/A
3) That shouldn't be necessary
4) This is tricky. Normally, viruses and other malware have issues crossing platforms because of differences needed in their coding for different host systems. However I'd imagine that this was written at least to a degree in java which is usually platform independent. However if this was written to still only target android systems (which is possible) then it wouldn't affect any non-android device. In the end, this is a wait and see where you should run your virus scanner just to be safe.

You sir, are an angel! Thanks very much!!!!! :flowers:

We'll wait it out and see and do scans. But thanks for the other input as well!

Back
Top Bottom