Forgot my admin password for windows 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorfee

Baseband Member
I'm in school and we are doing labs on our copies of windows 2003 server....about 4 weeks ago I forgot my password and have been trying to remember ever since...i've tried dl some boot from floppy programs I find on the internet but none seem to work. I keep getting farther behind in that class and I do not want to reformat the drive because I have linux on there as well with labs that I do not want to have erased and the same with the labs already completed for server 2003.

If anyone knows of a program I can use to retrieve or reset my password i'd greatly appreciate it.

Yes, ask your administrator, it seems abit suspicious how you waited for weeks to figure it out, over exaggerating ?

weeks? I was trying to figure it out...each class I was trying diff passwords it could be...how is it suspicious? I have this class once a week...and how is my teacher supposed to reset my password? He can't. Only way he said was to reformat and start over which I can't do cause i'll be even more behind than I am now.

Psych0 said:
y dont u ask the system admin to recet your password if u r in school

There is no system admin. Theres a teacher....the computers and we each get a hard drive to use during the 2 years we are there...we switch out the comp hdd's using a key and slide ours in.

Use Knoppix. There's a tool in there (can't remember the name) which can reset your admin password, so you can login as your admin account on your own hard drive and reset the main password for your account.

No need to reformat!

thanks....isnt knoppix kinda like a shell that operates over the o/s? if so how would i be able to use it if i cant log in?

Jorfee said:
thanks....isnt knoppix kinda like a shell that operates over the o/s? if so how would i be able to use it if i cant log in?

Knoppix is a Linux distro bootable from a CD. It can access your hard drive and should be able to give you some kind of functionality i.e. operating your drive.

auditor which is based off knoppix works too you may want to take the 4 minute tutorial on it at irongeek.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom