Folder Password ?

Bristles

Beta member
Hello, could some kind sole please tell me if I can create a password for a specific folder, if so how do I do it?. For example, if I create a folder and put "word" documents in that folder, can I create a password for that folder so that nobody has access to that folder other than me? I use my computer for company work so it would be ideal for me to have this benefit. Thanking you in anticipation, R.

Yes, I would recommend using a compressed Zip file or RAR. That's how I protected my documents at school.

yeah same here and I have heard of people doing it before but I have files that I need to protect.... So yeah.

The most sure-fire way is either to host the files elsewhere and protect them or just to zip / rar them up with a strong password.

All sorts of other ways do exist, but they're rarely more than hiding the folder, or stopping you viewing its contents through windows explorer. Setting it as hidden for example might work to ward off very casual users, but I'd never advise using it for information I never wanted anyone else to see!

Back
Top Bottom