False positive help please

Or doesn't explain at all. Please post a description of the issue so those of us on networks that block YouTube can still try to help.

Or doesn't explain at all. Please post a description of the issue so those of us on networks that block YouTube can still try to help.
Sorry about that. Anyways I put two completely safe blank NotePad files in a completely safe Install Creator 2 Installer and I put It in a .zip file and uploaded the .zip file with the Installer and my download go accused of being harmful when it was and is not harmful in the least.

How do I correct such an issue please? Thank you :) : )

What's the point of this test? It honestly seems like it's a waste of your time doing it.

That said, I can understand why it got flagged. Those scanners typically rely on 3 things to flag suspicious files. First is definitions of known viruses and malware. The second is patterns and practices used to hide malicious code (such as an exe hidden in a zip) and third is what I'd like to call the "WTF Factor" where if something doesn't look right it probably isn't. IN this case, if I were writing the utility I'd see an exe "only" installing two blank text files and go "that can't be right, it's hiding something else in that exe" and flag it.

Back
Top Bottom