Do I have a Virus?

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey guys,
To start, I have the program Game Spy Arcade, to play Halo and other games online. So I did a Norton Anti-Virus Computer scan, and it said 3 files were "detected". I clicked on more details, and it gives this list:
File Name: Aphex.exe Threat Name: AdWare.GameSp... Action: Adware Found Status: At Risk

File Name: ArcadeInstallFul... Threat Name: Adware.Gamesp... Action: Adware Found Status: At Risk

Filename: qsda.dll Threat Name: Adware.GameSp... Action: Adware Found Status: At Risk.

So my question is, are these really risks, or is it just part of the program, with no threat to my computer at all?
Thanks for the help,
Derek

Game Spy Arcade is , according to symantec adaware. This is however, sometimes over enhanced by symantec. According to thier response page the only threat is " GameSpy Arcade displays advertisements in its cuistomized browser. If you get any warning of the following:
# Aphex.exe
# fpupdate.exe
# GSAPak.exe
# RptCrash.exe
# UNWISE.EXE
# ArcRes.dll
# gslan.dll
# gsws.dll
# pw32.dll
# 4dca9208.dat
# gp.info
# edge.ico
# INSTALL.LOG
# banner.html
# def_banner.html
# def_news.html
# readme.html
# ws_default.html
# dat.bmp
# def_banner.gif
# def_bannerbg.jpg
# def_loading.gif
# def_logo.jpg
# GameSpy Arcade.lnk
# GameSpy Arcade - Debug.lnk
# GameSpy Arcade Help.url
# GameSpy Arcade Website.url
# GameSpy.com Gaming's Homepage.url
# Register GameSpy Arcade.url

Its not really a threat unless you are afraid of advertisments.
Link to the response page below.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.gamespyarcade.html

Hope this helps :)

Hey man, thanks a ton. I really appreciate the help. So I now feel much better knowing that I dont have a "virus" toting around on the program. Thanks a lot,
Derek

Back
Top Bottom