1. Download "Webroot Secure Anywhere" - it is antivirus + firewall, even better than Kaspersky, uses just a small amount of resources, downloading application is less than 2Mb, I even thought what the ** is that, another worthless cheap trick how to drag clients? But... as before all my lifetime I used tons of different TOP antiviruses my most loved product was "MalwareBytes" and "Super Anti Spyware" + sometimes Eset NOD, sometimes with Kaspersky, now I just found "Webroot Secure Anywhere" product 15 day trial, installation process shortest in a world
this antivirus updates are "cloud" (updates everytime than new viruses a found) you do not need to wait any daily update, I actually never felt that this antivirus sucking my traffic, and this antivirus founds more than Kaspersky+Malvarebytes together. I can gurantee for everyone who could download and install tis product would really find undetected viruses. Those undetectible viruses are the most dangerous, they staying and collecting information for years, than after five years strikes and sucks your all electronic bank budget. They tracking when you are active near pc, they tracking when you are not, and after one night you may miss lot of money. Or they may hitch someone's crime on your name (steal bills through your electronic bank)
2. Use program which allows to completely uninstall even not uninstallable programs one good i use "Total Uninstall"
3. Use "Tune Up Utilities" start up manager function would show you all processes who are processing at every startup, you may allow to start on startup or disable. Disabling the most junk will greatly increase your startup.
4. Perform other options via Tune up utilities (Registry clean, registry defrag, check hard drive errors - the most long process, defrag all hard drive, and try everything else with tuneup. You also may try "System Mechanic Professional" - sometimes even better than tuneup.
5. If problems still persists, you have nasty adwares such as toolbars and plugins etc.. only complete clear windows rewriting could help with all hard drive formatting. If you do not have time for your own personal data backup, but your hard drive is splitted in two partitions, one for windowses another for your data, you can rewrite and format on windows partition, It would do the most good. You will not loose any data if you will not remove own partition during installation of windows, only windows installation partition can be removed recreated and reformatted in order to keep your personal files still.