comp is wtf?!

donmills

Solid State Member
So apparently i have a strange virus, or something else entirely going wrong with my computer. Was playing wow the game was choppy in places where its normally not. So i tried to restart computer to see if that would help. Problem persists, so i tried a virus scan, i had malware installed, but it said the files could not be accessed, so i tried to uninstall/reinstall, which is where my main problem comes in hand. Computer locked up, not even able to cntrl-alt-delete. so i had to shut it off with the button. Now when it loads my admin account, it will bring up the background image, but nothing else. I have to cntrl-alt-delete and select new process, browse and find w/e i want to use. I desperately need help, and i now need a malware again =( but ive tried system restore, and the only restore point is when the computer restarted last =(. its windows xp sp3. hp computer. dont remember how to do the divx on run to bring that up anymore either =( please help me as im completely lost!

I'd recommend grabbing spybot s&d, boot into safe mode (keep pressing F8 while your computer starts then select safe mode) and run it from there - it should be able to sort you out. If that fails post back with what it found and we might be able to give you more specific advice based on that.

If all else fails though doing a complete reinstall isn't out of the question, it doesn't take that long - just back up everything first and then you'll have a squeaky clean windows install as well as a virus free system!

i dont have the windows reinstall disk......mom lost it, i think she threw it out with the computer box by mistake. but i will try this real fast ty.

that did not work =(

even on safe mode, when it loads, theres nothing there but a black screen =(

Back
Top Bottom