can you break someone's PC through a webfolder?

vox345

Beta member
I worked for some company workin on foreclosures. Pay was all based on pictures. I did everything independently then sent them pictures. My 1st day, they used a common website that i sent them a password i gave me to give them controll of my computer, the mouse and everything, so they could set up a webfolder that I drag and dropped my photos to. I wouldn't be supprised if the web folder gave them access to my computer and network at any time. I researched that a bit but was complex computer stuff I knew nothing about. The better companies in that field use an upload website or just email the photos in zip folders.
That company is no good, and I think they might have broken my PC through the webfolder. After a full refomat, my pc is very slow, freezes, typing makes wrong letters, have to pause between letters, etc, my train of thought is gone, this message is taking 50X longer than it should. I tried a new hardrive but no fix, It might be the ram. I made a ram test bootable cd but it didn't work and it was simple so i don't think i messed it up. Is it possible they could break my computer through a webfolder? it's about an 8 year old computer. someone said it could be malware, running a test for that soon.

I worked for some company workin on foreclosures. Pay was all based on pictures. I did everything independently then sent them pictures. My 1st day, they used a common website that i sent them a password i gave me to give them controll of my computer, the mouse and everything, so they could set up a webfolder that I drag and dropped my photos to. I wouldn't be supprised if the web folder gave them access to my computer and network at any time. I researched that a bit but was complex computer stuff I knew nothing about. The better companies in that field use an upload website or just email the photos in zip folders.
That company is no good, and I think they might have broken my PC through the webfolder. After a full refomat, my pc is very slow, freezes, typing makes wrong letters, have to pause between letters, etc, my train of thought is gone, this message is taking 50X longer than it should. I tried a new hardrive but no fix, It might be the ram. I made a ram test bootable cd but it didn't work and it was simple so i don't think i messed it up. Is it possible they could break my computer through a webfolder? it's about an 8 year old computer. someone said it could be malware, running a test for that soon.
Not through ftp.
Assuming its drag and drop, that's what you would be using. Vpn is a bit different. But ftp is not something you need to install a program for because ftp comes standard with windows. If they installed a program or gave you a custom .exe then it could definitely be a virus. To give me more info please send me all your running tasks in a text file. To do this just open cmd then type
Tasklist > c:\tasks.txt
Then send me that file via email at (threadmark at hotmail dot com)

if it's old then I would recommend buying a new one. It's just not worth keeping 8 year old PC's when the newer ones are way faster and can transfer data from HDD to RAM in about .9 of a second depending on your processing speed. I myself use a HP I5 and it runs mostnew games and new programs easily.

Back
Top Bottom