browser hijack

kezman

Solid State Member
i think my pc is suffering from a browser hijack, every time i attemp to look at my email it doesnt work at comes up with a page like this:

ive tried repairing my pc using spybot:S&D, lavasoft adaware and microsoft anti-spyware yet it stil happens id be very grateful for any feedback.

p.s wen i scan for viruses usn spybot thers always 1 or 2 that it can never get rid of

Spybot is not a virus scanner. It is only for spyware/malware.. It is apparent that you have something for sure.
Turn off the system restore as the bad stuff protects itself by hiding with it. to turn it off:
start > r click "my computer" > select properties >
system restore > click the box "turn off system restore" then ok out.
go to this site and use their free and safe system scanner to find the stuff and fix it...

http://trendmicro.com

yo with the trend micro housecall thing ive finished the virus scan and 2 have been detected but i cant get rid of them, it says i need a ticket but when i try to get one it says 'the connection to the ticket server has failed'?

Try booting to safe mode by restarting your computer and at boot prompt pressing f8. Choose the safe mode with networking and you can scan all you want. Another thing you may want to do is under internet explorer click the adevanced tab and set back to defaults. BUT remember to check to use TLS 1.0. The scans should work then and the spyware will be gone. Software i reccomend for cleaning your pc are registry mechanic, microsoft spyware remover, ad-aware, AVG, and trend-micro. Hope this post helps. As mentioned in the other post you MUST turn off system restore to get rid of the spyware.

Back
Top Bottom