Browse using ip instead of DNS name

tenzo

Solid State Member
Is there a way to do this in Firefox or IE? Typing in the root IP works, but when I click on a link in the site, it redirects to the DNS name and is blocked by a firewall (the reason I'm turning to ip browsing).

You should have no problem doing this. I do this with firefox from work & home all the time and have no problem.

i can get the root ip to work, but after clicking a link, i'm automatically brought to the DNS name, and the site is now blocked. can i have firefox view everything as an ip? or set certain prefixes to be ips?

i can get the root ip to work, but after clicking a link, i'm automatically brought to the DNS name, and the site is now blocked. can i have firefox view everything as an ip? or set certain prefixes to be ips?

Typically with many sites, they link to DNS names and not directorys inside the site. If you're accessing these kinda sites with IP's or alternate DNS names your screwed.

well, you could right click the link and get the link location, and then get the ip of THAT link. just a thought?

Back
Top Bottom