Blocking certain web sites

PCclueless

Beta member
Hi Guys

Just by my name youll resise im clueless hehehe.

I have a problem that i need to see if i can sort out.

We have serverl Pcs at our office and the staff are starting to take the cheese and going onto various websites that i dont think they shoudl be going on.

I need some thing that will block websites that i tell for eg.

Block William Hill Bookmakers

So that the page diverts to a Page not displayed page so that they dont think its down to me.

Can any one help please

hmm , if you are using a router with multiple computers you may be able to add blocked sites to the router , depending on the router make/model

Hi Guys

The Routers just a simpel BT Home Hub and i knwo you can do that on that hib.

Restricted sites is no go doesnt it say THIS IS Restricted??

Andy

hmm ,. i have a linksys but there may be an option of divert to or similar , maybe set that to a page on the internet that says page not found

any way u could hell me how to set this please?? ive looked and cant seem to do it ;(

Appreciate the help

well i dunno much about the workings of the bt home hub , but i am going to presume you go to the ip 192.168.1.1 for settings , i dunno if the home hub has this feature but there should be a internet restrictios or whatever ,
now you need to set the settings for this and there should be a field where you enter blocked IP's

at the mo mine is just doing a timeout i have used google as a test , it seems it just times out as the router is instructed not to send any data to the pc's recieved from www.google.com

Cant do this to the router?

:(

Shame

I found a program called Webblock but the page that it gives goes to About:Blank.

:(

Hi Guys

Just by my name youll resise im clueless hehehe.

I have a problem that i need to see if i can sort out.

We have serverl Pcs at our office and the staff are starting to take the cheese and going onto various websites that i dont think they shoudl be going on.

I need some thing that will block websites that i tell for eg.

Block William Hill Bookmakers

So that the page diverts to a Page not displayed page so that they dont think its down to me.

Can any one help please

Obviously no one here works in an IT enviroment or server room.

For IT professionals This is all you need to filter websites
http://www.squid-cache.org/

;)

Back
Top Bottom