Bios?

Berry05

BSOD
two questions...what is a BIOS? and how do i get a password on it? o ya one more! ;)
what does the password protect against and does it work well for protection?

A BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is an electronic set of instructions that a computer uses to successfully start operating. it is stored on a chip on your motherboard, to access it press delete or f2 when your start up screen appears after switching on your PC.
To password it you need to go into your bios and on the menu there is an option to set a password. It works very well for protection but make sure you right down the password incase you forget or loose it.

your welcome, glad to help, if you have any other problems feel free to post a thread, we are all friendly here (most of the time lol)

they both worked!
thxs!
neva heard of those ways of protecting computers anyway!
thxs again!

Mate, a word of caution, never loose the bios password as they're a bitch to crack if you do and not being able to reenter the bios to make configuration changes is a pain in the butt if you need to reinstall windows etc

It doesn't actually make your pc safer it just precludes anyone making bios changes without it, I think they're best left blank personally

well, you can alwase just take out the battery/pin and that would reset the pass. Im an electronics student and when my classmates piss me off thats what i do for their bios password

well, you can alwase just take out the battery/pin and that would reset the pass. Im an electronics student and when my classmates piss me off thats what i do for their bios password

Except in the case of certain laptop computers-- pulling the CMOS battery won't disable the password with those.

Back
Top Bottom