Antispyware soft is hiding from me, hlp plz!

luthoro

Solid State Member
Okay so my comp is infected with "Antispyware soft" trojan/virus. I can't figure out where its hiding!

I copied taskmanager and put it somewhere else so everytime this thing comes back I open it up, shut down the process (always *tssd.exe), use search assistant to find and delete the process and the folder it is in, and delete the avsoft and avsuite keys out of my registry (HKLM).

Where is this sucker hiding? I delete the process and registry entries and its fine for two or three days then it comes back. It found its way into my administrator account and my guest account.

I use firefox, and when im browsing, sometimes my webpages get redirected to random sites that I dont want to see. Im assuming thats another thing this little bastard does.

BTW, machine is running Win XP Home version 2002, SP3. I have done several full system scans with AVG Free (im a poor Taco Bell employee) after deleting the process exe and registry entries that I know are associated with this thing, and AVG finds nothing.

I can provide a HijackThis! log if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom