ALRIGHT TROOPS, LISTEN UP>>>

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Any one asking to get in to a system feeding you a story about they lost their password may or may not be legit. But that is not your call.
Telling some one how to reset the admin account is in our opinion a no no. You have no idea who the person asking intentions are.
As for reseting timed trial software again you have no idea what the intentions of the poster are.
DA RULES state this is against policy. It can wind up getting you and the person asking booted out of this forum.
Play it safe members. IF IN DOUBT, REPORT IT. Let the mods scope out the post and make the call.

Once again, guilty until proven innocent. How republican.... and lame. Anyway, just out of curiosity, did you talk to the guy and ask him what his intentions were before locking his thread? My prediction - no.

Yep agreed
Although they may be legimate one time, which is still highly doubtful even though they have made up a sympathetic reason, they may use it for other causes in teh future, some of which is not elgal at all, or at the very least ethical

spank_fusion said:
Once again, guilty until proven innocent. How republican.... and lame. Anyway, just out of curiosity, did you talk to the guy and ask him what his intentions were before locking his thread? My prediction - no.
It seems you have a problem with this matey, I reported two posts for the same thing. I do not tolerate people whe try to thieve software, or the people who condone it...

spank_fusion said:

For me it's Guilty period.

Wombat said:

It seems you have a problem with this matey, I reported two posts for the same thing. I do not tolerate people whe try to thieve software, or the people who condone it...

Whatever dude. If you have something to say, just say it.

setishock said:
Any one asking to get in to a system feeding you a story about they lost their password may or may not be legit. But that is not your call.
Telling some one how to reset the admin account is in our opinion a no no. You have no idea who the person asking intentions are.
As for reseting timed trial software again you have no idea what the intentions of the poster are.
DA RULES state this is against policy. It can wind up getting you and the person asking booted out of this forum.
Play it safe members. IF IN DOUBT, REPORT IT. Let the mods scope out the post and make the call.
This concerns what you say here, would you adjudicate something for me?
Please go to the security/hacking forum, & have a look at a thread; "Help with hacking", started by bobfritzpuff, [phew, the mind boggles] & see thge strong reaction to my comments, & tell me honestly whether my line of reasoning was in order, if you think I was correct, perhaps you would step in & post there, I know you're impervious to flack.
By the way, I've just learnt that we can edit members profiles, no doubt you know that?, it will come in very handy, I 've just had a barney with a member about certain words in his profile, & he removed them himself, it might come as a shock to them, to find we can access, good!, some are too smart for their own good, this'll take the wind out of their sales!

re: Maurice

Ok, I'm curious. Why didn't you take away my link to Remote VNC? It is a legitimate site that is the equivalent of PCAnywhere, but free. It is not a trojan, it is not a virus, it is a totally piece of legit software. I don't understand how you can justify your actions of threatening me, and taking away a link in which I was trying to be helpful. Please explain to me, how my statement of "Why in the world would someone install a trojan on their friends computer unless to do some type of damage? Your friend would have to trust you alot to do that. Set up a VNC server. That is much safer and has a lot less temptation than sub7 does. Plus, you can still run your antivirus software." is out of line in the smallest form. It offers good advice on remote administration with good password protection, and troubleshooting. I don't want to hear any of the crap about me posting about installing trojans, that was recon16.

-thecoolkidontheblock

They justify it by saying that anything that could be used illegally cannot be discussed. With that line of reasoning, pretty much everything discussed on the forum should be locked, and the forum itself closed.

Back
Top Bottom